Start the conversation
As the market continues teetering back and forth, our experts - Chris Johnson, Tom Gentile, D.R. Barton, Jr., and Shah Gilani - are live-streaming what they're seeing in real time to give you actionable steps you can take to protect your portfolio and make money now.
They're doing it every day the markets are open.
And the best part is, you can act on their recommendations before most market participants catch on.
Here's what they covered in their live stream segments today, April 9...
- Chris is watching how the market interprets the jobless claims numbers and additional Fed stimulus today.
Sign up for SMS so you never miss special events, exclusive offers, and weekly bonus trades.
- If you see the market end higher on light volume, that means there's not much conviction among buyers (so a drop is more likely next week).
- Chris' two favorite stocks today are:
- UPS - because people are increasingly having packages delivered to their houses, as opposed to going into retail stores.
- DLR - this technology REIT should do well during the quarantine because SaaS tech firms are thriving by helping their corporate clients conduct business electronically, remotely around the world.
- Tom is in disbelief that the market is moving higher despite the 6.6 million job loss claims reported today. (Five million were expected.)
- He thinks being short stocks and oil here will pay off soon.
- And he's still recommending put spreads on SPY and USO.
- Oil actually gave up its 12% gains and turned negative throughout the day.
- Tom is also still bullish on gold, predicting $2,000 per ounce in the next couple months.
D.R. Barton, Jr. (1:30 p.m. EDT)
- R. thinks the market is up today because investors are finally starting to feel like we're tipping the scales on the worst of the coronavirus.
- Now, it's all about the Fed stimulus pushing stocks up - investors essentially betting that the Fed stimulus will outweigh the coronavirus news today.
- R.'s not completely buying this rally, but if you have to put a trade on before the long weekend, he recommends owning the QQQ and AMZN.
- Shah covered everything the Fed is doing with its newly announced $2.3 trillion worth of stimulus today.
- He's taking a concerned contrarian view today and doesn't think throwing more money at the economic situation will solve all the problems.
- These unprecedented measures mean that you have to carefully review all your positions now and think hard about your long-term plans.
Remember, the markets are closed tomorrow for Good Friday. So, the next time we will be live is Monday, April 13 - at 8:45 a.m. EDT with Chris Johnson. You can catch all the Markets Live streams here.
Got a question you want our experts to cover? Send us a note.
Follow Money Morning on Facebook and Twitter.
Or to contact Money Morning Customer Service, click here.