Ernie Tremblay- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Ernie'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Best Profit Opportunities 0 Thursday, March 31, 2016How to Protect Your Biotech Profits from This Legal Limbo
Gilead Sciences Inc.'s Sovaldi was a real breakthrough in the fight against the chronic liver disease hepatitis C (HCV). The condition may show no symptoms for years after initial infection but can slowly become debilitating.
Hepatitis C affects as many as 200 million people worldwide, and before Sovaldi, the approved drug regimen could treat only about 50% of cases and could cause serious side effects. Treatment was generally long – 24 to 48 weeks – and arduous.
Sovaldi, on the other hand, could cure more than 90% of cases in a matter of weeks at a cost, in the United States, of around $94,000. The pricing caused controversy, but the drug proved transformative for HCV patients, their families, and doctors.
Sovaldi also proved a huge windfall for investors when it received FDA approval in 2013 and entered the pharmaceutical marketplace the following year.
So far, Gilead shareholders have seen a 2:1 split, several dividend payouts, and gains of more than 155% since 2013. Sales of Sovaldi and Gilead's other HCV drug, Harvoni, topped $12.5 billion in 2015 alone.There's just one big, expensive problem...
- Biotechs 3 Monday, February 1, 2016How to Make a (Consistent) Killing in Biotech Investing in 2016
- Biotechs 0 Friday, September 25, 2015What Hillary's Pharma Plan Means for Biotech Investors
- Biotechs 9 Thursday, August 20, 2015Two Tactics for Bigger Biotech Investing Profits
- Biotechs 7 Friday, August 7, 2015This Bioscience Company Has "Nearly Limitless" Income Potential
- Biotechs 2 Friday, June 19, 2015These Promising Cancer Therapies Are a Biotech "Triple Play"
- Biotechs 3 Tuesday, May 26, 2015"21st Century Cures" Could Revolutionize Biotech
- Biotechs 3 Friday, April 3, 2015How to Profit from America's $20 Billion Waistline War
- Biotechs 3 Friday, February 20, 2015How to Find the Best Biotech Shares – Every Time
- Pharmaceutical Stocks 2 Thursday, January 15, 2015These Pharma Companies Stand Between Us and the "Bacterial Apocalypse"