Jack Barnes- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
Jack'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Buy Sell Hold 6 Monday, September 27, 2010Buy, Sell or Hold: It's Time to Park Harley-Davidson Inc. (NYSE: HOG)
Harley-Davidson Inc. (NYSE: HOG) may well be the ultimate U.S. corporate icon.
The company's motorcycles are certainly American cultural icons: Big, squat, slathered in chrome, they're essentially functional pieces of fine art. Each motorcycle emits a deep, staccato bark at idle, a signature sound that prompted aficionados to christen Harley bikes as "hogs."
The fact that "Hogs" have been owned and ridden by such celebrities as Elvis Presley, Malcolm Forbes Sr., Jay Leno, Mickey Rourke, Tina Turner, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Elizabeth Taylor helped imbue the Harley brand with an aura of desirability and exclusivity.
Little wonder the company has historically generated 5% of its revenue just from the licensing of its logo alone.
- Commodities 2 Friday, September 24, 2010Investing in Cotton: The New "King" of the Commodities Sector
- Global Investing 4 Tuesday, September 21, 2010Five Ways to Profit as Coffee Prices Soar
- Banking 2 Wednesday, September 15, 2010Covered Bonds: An Investing Stalwart Through the Centuries
- Buy Sell Hold 0 Monday, September 13, 2010Buy, Sell or Hold: Exelon Corp. (NYSE: EXC) Can Energize Your Portfolio with a High-Powered Dividend
- U.S. Economy 43 Wednesday, September 8, 2010Investing in Silver: Three Ways to Profit From the Projected Breakout
- International Investments 12 Tuesday, August 24, 2010How to Profit From the Russian Wheat Shortage