Bob Blandeburgo- Money Morning - Only the News You Can Profit From.
(Editor) Bob'S LATEST HEADLINES
- Bob Blandeburgo 0 Friday, December 4, 2009Low November Job Losses Shock, but The Jobless Recovery Continues
November payrolls fell by much less than expected – declining by just 11,000 – and the unemployment rate fell to 10.0%, the U.S. Department of Labor said Friday. But while it's becoming more apparent that the U.S. job market is closer to growth, caution is still the buzzword as the jobless recovery continues.
When growth does return the consensus is that getting back the roughly 7.2 million jobs lost since the recession began in December 2007 won't be an overnight phenomenon.
"I think it's a little bit premature for champagne, but after enduring two years of really bad news, let's enjoy this one," Jay Bryson, an economist with Wells Fargo Securities (NYSE: WFC) told CNNMoney.com. "You've got to walk before you start running. I don't think we're walking yet, but we're starting to get back up on our feet."
- Bob Blandeburgo 0With NBC Deal Done, Comcast Becomes the New Cable Juggernaut
- Bob Blandeburgo 0 Thursday, December 3, 2009GM's Search for CEO Won't Likely Be Part of the "Old Guard"
- Asia Investments 0 Wednesday, December 2, 2009South Korea's Exports Rise, but Future Looks Murky
- Banking 0 Tuesday, December 1, 2009Dubai Debt Fiasco Could Weigh on U.S. Banks
- Global Business Roundup 1 Monday, November 30, 2009Unemployment Monkey Loosens Grip On Economy's Back
- Bob Blandeburgo 1 Tuesday, November 24, 2009As Bank Failures Grow, FDIC Options Narrow
- Bob Blandeburgo 1 Monday, November 23, 2009U.S. Economy Will Grow Faster Than Expected, Jobs to Return to Growth Next Year, Economists Say
- Asia Investments 0 Friday, November 20, 2009Obama Commits to Free Trade Deal With South Korea, But Auto Trade Remains Sticking Point
- Bob Blandeburgo 1Hot Stocks: Comcast Looks to Expand Its Brand with Potential NBC Universal Takeover